We Are Elite Invisalign Providers Here in Los Angeles
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic system that relies on a series of trays, called aligners, to gently realign your teeth over time. The aligners are made of clear plastic, making them nearly invisible while they’re being worn, and they’re also removable.
How does Invisalign work to straighten my teeth?
The Invisalign process begins with an impression or mold of your teeth that shows how your teeth are currently misaligned. The impression is scanned into a computer that uses special software to make a series of 3-D models of your teeth. Each model shows how your teeth will need to move in order to become properly aligned. The plastic aligners will be designed based on each of these models so that, when worn in the proper order, they can slowly shift your teeth into their proper positions. Most people will need between 18 and 30 aligners, changed every two weeks or so, to complete treatment.
How is Invisalign different from traditional braces?
There are no metal or wires! The trays are removable, which makes it much easier to brush and floss your teeth and receive regular dental care throughout treatment.
- You can remove the trays for picture-taking and social events.
- You can eat any kind of food you want, since the trays can be removed before meals.
- The trays are clear, making them almost invisible while they’re being worn.
- The smooth plastic design means there are no sharp edges or wires to snag your lip or cut into your gums.
- They don’t require extensive and often painful band-fitting or wire-tightening.
- Each tray is customized to your mouth shape, so most patients can see results much more quickly.
We are a Certified Invisalign Teen Provider
Life is hard enough without worrying about having food smashed in your braces. With Invisalign Teen, we take away the hard part – rubber bands, metal, pain! – and put you on the path to a winning smile!
We know you’re busy, and Invisalign Teen fits in with your life. Of course you want to look great at prom or smile naturally in your school pictures, and with these clear aligners you won’t hesitate to be you. They’re also much more comfortable than metal braces that can irritate the delicate tissue inside your mouth.
To find out more about Invisalign Aligners or the other dentistry services we provide, please call our Los Angeles dental office at 323.931.3881.